Detinue– this legal term refers to a Common Law action similar to conversion and also involving the possession of property by the defendant but belonging to the claimant, in which he asks the local court for return of the property, although the claimant may also ask for compensation about damages caused during the possession executed on the property by the defendant.

See also

Posted in: D